From:
Debbie Riccio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 1996 06:18:08 -0500
Mish:

I don't like using collars just because of all the things that happened to
you.  This is just my personal opinion.  I worry about them getting caught
and stuck, possibly strangling themselves.  Or if the collar breaks and they
eat part of it, then you have to worry about obstruction.

If you are leaving them in their own room with their cage door open, and
assuming this room is ferret-proofed, is it possible to leave them in the
room with the door closed while you're gone?  Or, how about leaving them in
their cage with the cage door closed so they are safe and protected until
you come home.  That's what I do.  I also have dogs and cats that have free
reign of the house, which is my primary reason for caging the ferrets when
I'm not home.  But I have never like collars and have never been able to use
them successfully.

Debbie Riccio
WNYFLFA
Western New York and Finger Lakes Ferret Association
Rochester, NY