From:
richard r stephens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 16:29:42 -0700
dooks all

i keep reading about all the latest b/s regarding our fuzz butts.  what
with the trouble in Chicago and the permantly-temperary ban at petco
stores.  this is just my opinion but it sure seems like the ignorance of
california.  did they have some of there gov.  workers transfer to
offices in other states with the sole purpose of hurting the ferrets all
over the country.  even the paranoia at petco smells like cal.  taking
full advantage of the misinformation.

ok I'm off the soap box!!!!!!!

 ----
to bob c

I've got a question for you on ferret eye sight.

I've read that they can only see clearly about 5 or 6 feet beyond that
they relied on smell and the senses from there whiskers.????  one of the
ferts that I've had in my opinion could see a lot farther than that we
were in a parking lot as a jet liner went over at about 12 hundred feet i
expected him to respond to the sound but i noticed he looked right at the
airplane and watched it until it disappeared over a building.  he was
also able to go strait to my truck from across a field and he wasn't
fallowing his sent.  if you could clarify any of this I'd appreciate it.

rich and fuzzy Sapiens barny and sandy, missing samantha and pogo