From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Nov 2005 19:59:43 EST
Hiya,
If you go my site below there is a link there where you can try all sorts
of suggested home tests for deafness.  Remember though, that in mammals
(humans included) it's actually rare to be "100%" deaf.  Usually there is
some sort of hearing, even if it's a tiny percent.  So it is possible for
some deaf ferrets to hear a certain frequency when played loud enough.

Oh and ps, yes I have two tips about getting your pet to try treats.
One would be to drip ferretone all over it since he already likes that.
Give it time.  The other thing to try (if the treat is soft) is to hold
your pet and then swipe a drop of the treat into the mouth.  Many times
they just are too timid to try new things, or more than likely don't
understand that it's a tasty food due to past imprinting (even if the
smell intrigues them).

Wolfy
http://wolfysluv.jacksnet.com