From:
Carmen Mok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 05:55:41 -0700
Hi everyone....

I am so depressed.  I should have checked and checked but I didn't.  Don't
worry, my little one has not passed on but he has not yet come back to me
either.  U see, I brought him back to Singapore ( my homeland ) with me
this summer.  Just four months.. and I got the necessary documents for me
to bring him there.  And when it was time for us to come back home
(Canada), I contacted the Canadian embassy in singapore to ensure that I
have all the documents that I need.  I realised I was wrong when I reached
the Vancouver Int'l Airport.  My little baby is held at the Animal Customs
now... waiting for a verdict from the Ottawa Government.  If they give
special consideration to the fact that my baby has only left the country
for four months, they will send him back to me right away on the next
available flight.  If not, he would have to be sent back to Singapore
while I arrange for the import permit license here.  The animal has to be
officially out of the country in order for me to get the permit.

I;ve never cried so much before especially in an audience... in an airport
when knew that my baby has to be there for a couple of days maybe..  But I
am sure glad that my baby is in good hands.  The Animal Customs there has a
really dedicated animal lovers group and I am really appreciative that they
are there to look after him.  At least I know that he is in good hands...
but my poor baby... he is stuck there... in his cage when I know that he is
dyingto get out and play.

I just need some kind of emotional support now..  my day was hell yesterday
and I hope it will get better from today onwards.  Thanks everyone for
being here to let me pour out my frustrations...

Carme, Ritz's Mummy