From:
John Rosloot <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 1993 11:45:29 -0400
In issue 526 [log in to unmask] (Paula Lytle) writes:

>We use a pellet-like litter made out of recycled newspapers. One version
>of this is called "Yesterday's Mews" (a cat product my felines won't
>tolerate); another is called "Good News" or something similar. These
>pellets are dustless and odor-absorbing. Persephone doesn't dig and throw
>them the way she does with other litters. If you have difficulty finding
>it, send me email and I'll send you the address.

    I would also be interested in this information. I've looked around
locally for this type of litter with no luck. I currently use a clay litter,
Kitty Litter brand scoopable cat litter. It has much larger grains than the
usual sand like clay litters, and is supposed to be 99% dust free, but I'd
rather use something that's 100% dust free if possible. Also, my ferrets do
sometimes dig out their litter pans; maybe they'd be better with a paper
litter, although they *shred* the newspapers I put around the litter pans
for Buddy, who half the time poops *beside* the pan. :). Anyone have any
advice for getting Bud to use the pan? He usually does so when I'm watching,
'cause he knows he'll get a treat. Smart little bugger :).

John, Buddy, and Cassidy