Date:
Sun, 23 Mar 1997 21:25:28 -0600
Hey all, just thought I'd let you know about a ferret reference in Firehouse
magazine (a Firefighters magazine) in case nobody has mentioned it yet.  The
article it's in isn't about ferrets, and the ferret is only mentioned in a
caption, not shown, but I thought it was pretty neat.  Basically it said
that a family in Indiana was saved from a fire when they were woken up by
the "incessant chirping of their pet ferret." (my dad's a fireman and showed
me the magazine, it was march '94)...See, ferrets save lives...everyone
should have a few =) .

Katie's yorkie pup came home to Houston this week after being very sick (bad
breeding practices, apparently).  She is not very socialized, but we really
want her to get along with the ferrets.  So far she's still pretty
intimidated by people (we just found out that she was *never* handled before
Katie bought her)...her initial reaction to the ferrets was to growl and
snap.  Any suggestions on how to make her adjust?

Anyhow, thanks for all the advice.

Kelly
Reverend Maynard, Edie, Cosette, Static and Magkij znak....
(and the yorkie, Sonar)....