From:
scott sinclair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Sep 2004 17:40:08 -0000
Checking Hawaii's quarantine rules for "normal" pets...just the 120 day
quarantine cost is over a thousand dollars, so if you run that out to a
full yr., you will see that the initial letter writer is correct about
the cost being extremely expensive, (looks like over 3K per animal), if
indeed that yr long quarantine would be called for under the states new
"simplified" rules.  I have sent off an email to the State Ag Dept.
requesting their official party line, but of course it's the Labour Day
weekend so we won't hear anything until next week...at the earliest...
but hey...we can always hope for good news.

putorius