From:
Arlena Parrish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2006 08:09:39 -0400
First, a little of Scooter's history.  (06/26/2003 - 11/27/2003)

Scooter was given to me by the manager of the Leesburg Florida PetLand,
in June of 2003, after I agreed to care for all of her needs.  She was
dropped on the floor of the store, by an unsupervised child.  Her back
was broken, just above her hind legs.  She could still move her legs,
without being able to stand.

During the five months Scooter was in my home, she was very happy and
spoiled rotten.  She was highly protective of her bowl of plastic balls,
not wanting to share them, with my other kiddies.

To help Scooter get around the house, I constructed a homemade Ferret
Mobility Device, better known as Scooter's Skateboard.  I used a toy
skateboard, a plastic makeup wipe container and duct tape, in the
construction.

When I first placed Scooter in the FMD, she was very scared.  But, after
a few days, she became quite accustomed to using it to get around the
house.  Before too very long, she was able to keep up, with my other
kiddies.

Some pictures of Scooter and her FMD are posted in my Yahoo Group, in the
Arlena Photo Album.  Not shown in the pictures is a small snap hook, for
the attachment of a harness.

A short article and a picture are in the American Ferrets book (pages 123
and 124) by Sharon LaCouture.  The book is available for purchase, from
American Ferrets and Publish America.
( http://www.americanferrets.com/ )
( http://www.publishamerica.com/ )

Smiles,
Arlena

Ferrets Rule My World!
Furo Mafia: (Trouble, Flurry, Sneaker, Nami, Nipper)
Brat Pack: (Taz, Stitch, Scamper, Sprite, Jezzabelle, Sheela)
Rainbow: (Scooter, Bandit, Scottie, Princess, Storm, Calamity Jane,
Frisky, QT-WeeOne)