From:
Lynn McIntosh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 22:41:09 -0800
Hi!  I posted a bit ago looking for references to information about Queen
Victoria and the albino ferrets she is said to have given as gifts.  I
received a couple responses to that post, which I appreciated, but no
references.  Several ferret books mention briefly that Queen Victoria is
said to have bred and given away albino ferrets as gifts, but I would
like to find out more, bypassing searching through many books at the
library if possible.

I am interested in references to information about Queen Elizabeth's
relationship with ferrets as well.  This is for a fictional story
featuring an English queen and her favorite albino breeder "lady" ferret,
Claudette.  I would like to make it a blend of history and fiction.

Thank you very much to anyone who can help!

Lynn, badly missing my fur kids but very grateful for my wonderful ferret
nephs, Monty, Madison, and Beau