From:
Barbara Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Oct 1994 09:23:33 -0400 (EDT)
> I just purchased a second hand baby gate (Nu-Line) for my little
> "babies".  I remember somewhere someone suggesting a baby gate to block
> of a room but as I'm sitting here looking at it, I'm wondering how smart
> of an investment this was.  The holes are plastic and are about an inch
> apart - relatively small so I know they won't sneak thru, but what's
> going to stop them from CLIMBING this thing?  Do any of you use a baby

:) They will climb it in 2 seconds flat. :) What I did was cover the
plastic mesh with duct tape and put the gate up so the bar is on the
outside. They tried a few times and lost interest. It works great for
me. Of course, Keesa found that if she got on top of the endtable and
*leaped* out, she could just manage to hook her two front paws on the
top of the gate ... :) So we moved the endtable. I should put up a sign:
"House Arranged by Ferret" !!!

--Barb--