From:
Wayne Gardner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Oct 2004 11:45:55 +0100
Hi

I agree the use of peroxide can be a good idea in the early stages of
would care, especially when the wound is deep or awkward and debridement
by other means is not possible.  Although it is clear that debridement
and an improved wound bed preparation regime are needed here I cannot
help feeling that a qualifier may be required to the statement that,

'once a day may be enough'.

Having seen and indeed given similar advice in the past I have then know
people to continue to irrigate a wound beyond sensible limits with such
substances and prevent or restrict healing by destroying granulation or
removing newly forming healthy tissue.

At what point would you feel happy to withdraw the daily irrigation of a
wound with a peroxide solution?

Wayne.