From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 1997 20:41:41 -0500
Dear anyone who can answer this question?
If , as I read on a post today, it is already too late for the man to take
the post exposure series of shots, WHY KILL KODO?????

NOW, LISTEN CAREFULLY ALL YOU STATE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO KILL KODO----IF YOU
WERE THIS NICE GENTLEMAN, WOULD YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THAT A THEORETICAL
GA-ZILLION TO ONE CHANCE HAPPENED(WHICH IT DID NOT)????  REMEMBER IT IS TOO
LATE TO START THE SHOTS BY THIS NICE MAN.But would you want to know that you
are going to die of rabies and no-one can do thing one about it?

As long as Kodo is healthy, the man will be healthy.  And do we Kodo lovers
have to keep reminding everyone that they are both well and fine 38 days
after the incident>????This nice gentleman, poor thing has had endure the
stress of some people wanting to kill this little animal, has absolute
confidence that Kodo , being vaccinated was not a threat to him.  Kodo is
healthy and the gentleman are healthy 38 days after the inci dent.  What
more evidence do you want????  lEAVE THIS POOR MAN ALONE.  HE IS FINE.  LET
KODO GO HOME.  38 DAY QUARANTINE MORE THAN 3 TIMES MEETS ANY REQUIREMENT IN
THE COUNTRY!!

I would like to end transmission by repeating something Sharon Burbine,
President of the Mass. Ferret Friends, Inc said "I can't think of a public
health agency in any other state (that) has endorsed killing an animal for
rabies testing without evidence of rabies exposure.  She says many more
valuable indisputable things (that is me talking and I am no lawyer), on the
FML 6-7-97, page 13 and on.

[DB]