From:
Judy Cooke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 20:32:33 -0800
I have had several people ask me to explain the greeting card exchange
again.  So...here goes:

First: e-mail me your name and home address.  I will place your name and
address on a list with 10-12 other names and addresses.

Next: buy, make or create 10-12 Thanksgiving cards.  There are no rules!
People send pictures or letters-whatever they want!  For the Easter
Exchange, some crazy fool wrote a ferrety Easter Story!  Send whatever
makes you happy!!

Then: I will e-mail the list to you by the end of weekend.  The list will
have your name and 10-12 others.  You send a card to every name on the
list.....and in return, all those people will send a card to you, too!
Your mail box will be filled with wonderful Thanksgiving Day Greetings!

We tried something new with the Halloween exchange and I feel it was a
huge success-people included a dollar or two in the card that they sent
to me-my name is on every list!  (Yes, that means I sent out 55 Halloween
Cards!  I am a mail junkie!) I collected all the dollars and we were able
to send CJ at the 24 Carat Shelter in Las Vegas a check for $105.00.  This
time, we are collecting money to send to Troy Lynn!  You do NOT have to
include a dollar!!  If you just want in the card exchange, that's great!
We'd love to have you!

And if you do not want to be in the exchange, but would like to contribute
a dollar to be added to all the other dollars, please let me know tell you
how!

This is absolutely the LAST CALL!  Thanksgiving is coming!  Lists need to
go out this weekend!!

Now a personal note in case there are others wondering about this.  I
received a message from a concerned FML'er asking why people should send
me money that I "supposedly" turn around and send to shelters.  Why not
send to the shelter directly?  I understand that there are new people here
all the time and they don't know me from the next fert-owner.  So I guess
this was a legitimate question.  This is just my opinion, but I feel that
many think that a dollar or two won't make a difference.  If that is all a
person can afford to send, why go to all that effort just for a buck!  The
card exchange is FUN....it introduces us to other ferret owners, and if we
include that dollar then we see how that dollar, when placed with other
dollars CAN make a difference and IS worth the effort.  As for sending
money to me-if you aren't comfortable doing that-don't!!  I don't have
the time to try to defend my reputation.  I do what I can-and that's all
I can do!

Judy Cooke
Tyson, Hope and Einstein
Precious Lily, Chaucer and BOOMER!!