From:
"Hope . Rumpca" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 1996 14:29:23 -0800
Hi All,

I have hedgehogs and they love to run on wheels.  They also love to break
their legs on them!  So I took "weavable plastic" the kind found at craft
stores and ran it around the inside of the wheel, connecting it with zip
ties.  No more big holes!  I tried this on a 14" chinchilla wheel (this
thing is HUGE) and my ferrets love it!  They used to try to get into the
hedgehogs but they are only 9 inches!  It was terribly funny!

On the same note (hedgehogs), my ferrets met one of my hedgies for the first
time a few nights ago.  What a crack up!  Razz's tail turned into a bottle
brush and he kept trying to get his nose under it and flip it over.  No luck
there!  He then tried to dig through it - ouch!  Those things have spines!
All the while my Tazz is sitting back looking at Razz as if to say - "Are
you STUPID?  Leave it alone!" After about 5 min.  everyone went on their
merry ways.

Hope
Razz & Tazz