From:
K Hindall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 19:08:57 -0400
Well, even as I type this, Nichole of the Lakeside Ferret Farm is picking
Milo up at the hospital and taking him to the Ferret Farm.  His final
bill was $736.04, or about half what I was originally quoted.

The problems with my neighbors seem to have blown over.  Somewhere since
last night they got the idea that the veterinarian ordered him to the
rescue rather than me (I've been crying on the shoulder of another tenant
over there, and maybe she told them that to get them off my back).  I'm
too much of a coward to set them straight.

I have had some folks say I should turn them in to the authorities.  I'm
still chewing that one.  I probably won't for entirely selfish reasons:
this whole thing has been really hard for me.  I don't think I could deal
with an official investigation and the hostilities that would erupt with
that.  I know what a pathetic position that is, but I am very wiped out.
The mother has said she won't have another animal while they live in that
building.  Of course, they were apparently planning to move a few weeks
ago (I was surprised--I hadn't heard), which does make me worry about
their future animals.  I won't be there to pick up the pieces.  That's
the biggest reason why I'm still chewing the whole official action thing.

At least Milo is safely out of it.  Hopefully his leg will heal fairly
well, and he'll be able to do some limited frolicking, if not with the
gleeful abandon of old.

Keep an eye on the Lakeside Ferret Farm website
(http://www.ferretfarm.org) for future Milo updates!

Pats to everyone's furbabies.