From:
Sherrin Joy Krueger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jan 2006 19:54:15 EST
Bill:

In the December 2005 issue of National Geographic on page 120, I read
about a fellow who is a 33-year rail traffic controller in the Grand
Central Terminal named Alan Gruber!  Could it a relation of yours?
Have never seen the name Gruber except for "our BIG."

Sherrin

[Moderator's note: No, no relation of mine, but he sounds like someone
I want to meet!  Actually, maybe I already have since I've taken many
tours of the operations there and it's definitely something I consider
to be quite "fun".  Maybe I'll convince him I'm a long lost relative
and he'll let me play with his trains :-)  BIG]