Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 15:32:07 EDT
This is to the person who requested help with fleas.....I find myself
wanting to answer everyone's requests now.....*grins*.  I have had
wonderful luck with the strangest things - one of them is Dawn Dish
Detergent.  Washin my fuzzlets in Dawn not only eliminated their fleas,
it killed em deader than dead (Uhm, the fleas that is.....)!  They only
got fleas one time, (thankfully so!!) when we were vacationing in
Michigan.  We don't have too many flea issues in Albuquerque, at least
on my side of town.  We see alot of ticks there though!!!

I also would ask your vet if you can use Pro-spot (usually 1/2 the normal
cat dose is what I use) on your fuzzies.  This is the flea medicine that
you put on the nap of their necks..., but I would strongly suggest you
ask your vet first - not all fuzzies weigh enough to use this - and you
need to be EXTREMELY careful - as this medicine is potentially dangerous
if it is not used correctly.  The Dawn Dishsoap however, is safe for em
and not only does it kill the fleas, it lives your fuzzbutts with a
beautiful shine, and no streaks or spots!!!  *winks*

Hope this helps!!

Kim and Her Army of Idiots