From:
Sue Delaney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 19:56:58 -0500
Hi everyone!  I am not totally a newcomer to this list, but it has been a
few years since I was on it.  I used to have a houseful of ferrets (19 -
mostly rescues), but now only have 2.  5 of the ferts were mine, the rest
were fostered here temporarily.  In the last 2 years i lost 3 of mine (2
to adrenal and 1 to insulinoma)

One of mine now is also insulinomic and not doing well at all.  He is
on 5 ml prednisone twice daily, but is just skin and bones.  He doesn't
want to eat much at all.  We aren't sure of his age, as he is one that i
rescued and kept, but we think he is about 7 (I've had him about 5 years
and was told he was 2 when i got him).  The other one is only 5, and a
chubby little healthy girl.

I started my dogs on a raw diet a year ago, and they have totally
transformed from unhealthy mongrels to beautiful, healthy dogs. :)  I was
wondering what everyone's thoughts were here on a raw diet for ferrets?
It seems to me that is what they SHOULD eat, but trying to switch them
hasn't proved easy so far.  I am also concerned about the bacteria load
with Champ (the sick one) just because his system is weak - otherwise I
know they can handle more bacteria than people can as a rule.

~S~

Susan and the Catahoula Gang
Always missing those at the bridge
     Grace It Is, Snowflake, Duke Sammy, Nikki, Oreo, Jake & Duchess
http://www.geocities.com/sue_delaney/     **last update 10/27**

Feed RAW for healthy dogs!
http://www.raw4dogs.com
SW Florida Distributor