From:
Brenda Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2012 15:28:22 -0400

Sarah Senior Reporter Daisy Cub Reporter

August 2012

Daisy Here: Hey Sarah did you know that mum is done working the big
yellow thingy for the summer? Do you know that means she has 2 weeks
to stay home with us all day long to love on us?

Sarah Here: Yes I do know, it also means summer is almost over, that
mum will be going back to work when school starts and she will be
working longer than she does in the summer time. There have been summer
events that mum and Miss Ili have gone to when Mum was not out on the
big yellow thingy - Adoption days at Central Tractor and the invitation
from Pet Co in Canandaigua, the Pet Co one they did not go to because
it was far too hot that day to be out in the weather with fur kids,
then it rained real hard that day too! HUMID!!!!!

Daisy Here: Boy it sure has been hot in Naples this summer hasn't it
Sarah? We had a new cold box donated to us by a neighbor of Miss Donna
D. Miss Stacy stopped in with some fresh veggies out of her garden for
Mum so she stuck around to help Miss Donna D and Mum get it in the
window for us - that has been awesome to help keep us cool. It has been
so hot that Mum decided that as long as we can not use our play area on
the porch she is going to revamp it and make it bigger, then put a new
floor down and fix it all up nice for us. She has been working on that
on the days it was too hot for us but not too hot for her.

Sarah Here: Oliver was feeling poorly so Miss Jackie R. was going to
take him up to our favorite Doc. Oliver did not wait, he left for
Rainbow Bridge. Miss Patty S. came to visit she is far away mom to 4 of
us fur kids here at the shelter! Miss Patty spent the day hanging out
and playing with us all day. Daisy, have you heard how many ferrets
have been found out running around without their humans this summer?
Mum has gotten lots of calls, from places like Hamlin NY Albany, NY
Lima NY and Charlotte NY. One was even from a different state but Mum
did not tell me what one. Too many fur kids getting outside and getting
into trouble! Squiggles what a lucky one she got picked up and brought
to Mum to be safe. There have been lots of humans that want to give
up their fur kids too. That is sad. Mum does what she can to help,
in three weeks time Mum got calls about a total of 28 fur kids that
needed a place to go.

Daisy Here: I heard mum talking to Miss Jackie R about all the fur kids
that need to find a place to go, it makes Mum really sad that she can
not save them all. Mum says what is important is making sure she takes
care of those of us that are already here, and then if there is room
she will take more in. Thankfully we have lots of shelter helpers that
come to help mum take care of us; Miss Shaylyn, Miss Iliana, Miss Brie,
Miss Marcia, and Miss Maricella, and Miss Donna D. Miss Donna finally
has some lawn to mow. We went weeks without needing her to mow the
lawn. Miss Sheilla and Mr Malcolm came to visit us from Brooklyn, Miss
Sheilla loved on Jenkins and Mr Malcolm loved on me! Malcolm even let
me nibble his nose. I had a great time playing with Malcolm; he is one
really cool dude. They hung out with Jenkins for a bit - then mum
switched the kids and handed Milo and Sugar over to them. Both Sheilla
and Malcolm are in the construction business so when they saw the
ceiling of the bathroom with the plastic they wanted to know what
was going on. Malcolm headed up to the roof to see what was up. Mum
explained that we were getting wet but not consistently. We were
getting wet too; we stopped sleeping behind the bathroom door because
we got so wet one night it left a puddle in our bed.

Malcolm's thought was that when the rain comes in from a certain
direction is when we get wet; Malcolm took a tube of silicone up to
fill in an area that may be allowing water to get in. He said we should
not have anymore wet spots with the roof leaking but to let him know if
we do.

While Malcolm was on the roof, Miss Sheilla and Mum were out in the
play yard righting the one canopy that was upside down and dismantling
the broken one. They took the top off the broken one to use if any of
the others rip then dragged the broken frame up to the driveway for
Preston to pick up - he takes all our metal junk for us.

Sarah Here: Boy you are long winded; I sure hope you are done! I want
to tell about the events that are coming up, September 15th is another
adoption event in Canandaigua, Miss Jackie wants to set up a booth for
us at the Grape Festival the weekend of September 29th and 30th but we
are not sure that is going to happen, that is pending. Then October 6th
is our second annual Christmas in October event. We would love to have
you join us for the fun at anyone or all of these events.

Daisy Here: Oh Sarah have you see our new web site Miss Tori has done
for us? It is awesome; Miss Sheilla has set up a Facebook page for our
shelter too so between the two of them they are getting our furry faces
out there for all humans to see. We are so excited to have so many
humans that love to help us fur kids out with their different talents.
Miss Kathy says we need folks that have "time talent and treasure" We
have two ladies that are awesome with their time and talent for sure!
Thanks Miss Tori and Miss Sheilla for helpen mum take care of us.

Sarah Here: Well it looks like we have all the notes Mum left for us
covered and taken care of so we are going to close this news for now.
We almost had to double up on this news letter again this month -

Daisy Here: Phew that sure was close! We got it done just in time!

Sarah and Daisy

Newest Shelter Video
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0GEYL02fnU>
Shelter Video