From:
"Marston J. Gould" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 1994 06:58:57 -0500
A big hello to everyone!  While I have been subscribing to this group for
several months I have not had the time to actually read any of the articles
until now.  I just printed up about 6 months worth of articles and started
to read them this weekend.  Lots of great info out there.  I currently own
two ferrets now (Roo a 4 year old 4 lb sable - very long and very bulky and
strong, and Piglet a another sable ,although very different in coloration
and markings.  Piglet is only 6 months old and around 1 1/2 lbs She is very
agile and spastic.

My question is this. I just moved into a new neighborhood (in Williamsburg,VA)
and as it turns out my neighbor also has a ferret (Nibs aprox 1 year old 1
1/4 lb) They (my neighbors) are looking for another friend for Nibs (to be
the pet of their older daughter - Nibs is the pet of their older son) She
(the daughter) wants a black-eyed white.  However, having developed somewhat
of a friendship with the local pet store and my vet, both say they are rare
finds, particularly to this area.  Around 80% out here are sables, 15% are
albinos, and the other 5% are cinnamons (like my dearly departed Augie and
Pooh Bear (died at 10 and 8 years respectively)).  If anyone knows any info
on breaders who might have a black-eyed white, (or even a cinnamon) let me
know, I would very very much appreciate it.

Thanks

Marston