From:
TS Meyers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2006 16:59:42 -0500
If you all could spare some good, healing thoughts my stepmom is in dire
need of them right now.  As you may recall, the day after Thanksgiving
last year, my stepmom was diagnosed with AML (Acute Myelogenous
Leukemia).  She has been doing really well since this all began, all
things considered, and the chemotherapy was doing a good job of keeping
the AML in check.  In fact, her blood work and what not had been coming
back negative for leukemia since the first chemo treatment.

Her blood work was good on Monday, when she went back into the hospital
for her 4th round of chemo therapy.  Unfortunately, it was found today
that she now has full blown leukemia.  They are tripling her dosage of
chemo in order to knock the leukemia out again.  If they can get it into
a short remission once again, she will need a bone marrow transplant.

If the chemo & bone marrow transplant are not effective, her prognosis is
grim.  There is still hope, of course, but this is a huge set back for
her.  It has taken us all by surprise because she has been doing so well.

If you could keep her in your thoughts, that would be wonderful and much
appreciated.  If you would like to send a card as well, that would be
awesome.

Pat Meyers
Box 266
Waverly, NE 68462

Thank you

Tammy & The War Weasels!

~~~~~
"But we in it shall be remember'd; we few, we happy few, we band of
brothers ;
For he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother..."