Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 12:11:30 EDT
Our fuzzies had a very busy weekend and I wanted to share with you all.

Saturday morning we went to a garage sale that was to benefit an
organization that I'm a part of.  We decided to bring Abby, our female
silver mitt.  Abby's been with us the longest and is the best behaved and
most social.  She was a hit at the garage sale!  We walked around for
about 2 hours,during which she rubbed herself in the grass, got cuddled
by everyone, got her picture taken several times and in general was the
center of attention!

Sunday morning, I gave all 7 of them baths, in preparation for the
Blessing of the Animals that afternoon.  Our friends Meherleen and Jamil
came with us, as there was no way we could have controlled 7 of them just
between the two of us.  There was a huge turnout to this event, but the
fuzzies were the center of attention, as they were the only non-cats and
dogs that were there, save for a cage of guinea pigs.  Several children
sat with us the whole time, taking turns cuddling the fuzzies.  I heard
several adults remark on how gentle they were (yay!), which always helps
squelch the "verizon" type of reputation that ferrets have been given.
Abby was in her glory, being passed around from child to child, and it
was so cute how carefully the kids handled them, like they were afraid
they might break!  At one point Meherleen was walking Arthur over by a
huge tree and she was approached by a reporter who wanted to take their
picture.  He writes for a chain of small city newspapers here and is
doing a story on the blessing and wants to use Arthur's photo.  The
picture turned out great and Meherleen told him that the ferrets have
their own website and so he came over to me and got the address, lol.
He's going to print the web address in the papers!  haha.

For anyone who has looked at the web site, please go back because we
have actual pictures of ALL of them now, including Ally, who passed away
earlier this year, and a picture of Arthur and Meherleen at the blessing
yesterday!  The site also has a page for our cats, and their pictures are
up as well.  The website is http://www.geocities.com/abbyshammock7

Did anyone else partake in the Blessing of the Animals elsewhere with
their fuzzies?

Becky and Heather and the Magnificent (and exhausted) 7!