From:
Barbara Clay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2008 13:46:39 -0700
Dear All,

I'm so excited about this project by shelter op Diane Campbell of
Ferret Guardian, in North Carolina.

The actual sheltering of ferrets can be so difficult, but there's one
aspect of good health and mental stimulation that, if possible, needs
to be done. That would be outdoor play. Just the sunshine alone is
nourishing, but stimulating all of their senses with the outdoors is
physically and mentally healthy. The sun doesn't always shine, and when
there's rain, it's so much fun to watch ferrets enjoy it too! Hey, it's
going to be healthy for us humans too, watching all this fun activity
and smiling and laughing!! This project is so exciting, and it's
something that we all need to support. Diane, I have no doubt, is
building the gold standard for out door containments with as natural
and safe a setting as possible.

Diane's outdoor compound is under construction, but it's fun to see the
progress that's being made, and every detail of safety and enjoyment
that's apart of those plans.

Check out these pics!

Construction photos:
http://www.fgrh.org/construction.html

For more information about how this all came to be, and a bit about
Diane's life and shelter, visit here:

Ferret Guardian Rescue Haven Natural Area Fundraiser site
http://www.fgrh.org

This is a huge undertaking, and it's very close to my heart. In past
years with my personal experience of shelters networking to help each
other, Diane Campbell came into my life. Actually, we met working the
Hagerstown Rescue here at Rocky's in 2003. For so many years she has
helped so many individuals and shelters alike. I want her dream to come
true, and as quick as possible. Anyone that knows Diane, knows what an
angel she is indeed!

Please look at these raffles and purchase some tickets. These are some
great baskets and boxes of goodies. The raffles are only $1 or $2....
you've got that much change in your sofa or pocket! Buy often, buy
many!!!!.....ok, now that I have you looking under sofa cushions,
check that change you throw on your car console after driving through
McDonalds, because for the $2 raffle you can get 6 - $10 , and the
$1 raffles - 6 for $5.......WHAT A DEAL!

Raffle:
http://www.fgrh.org/raffles.html

Bookmark Diane's link to the construction, this is going to be fun to
watch, right up until the moment that her ferrets are released to come
and go from the outdoor natural center!

Thank you for helping my friend, our friend, and certainly she's every
ferret's friend !

Diane, would you do us all a favor, and after this dream is realized,
continue to update us with pics of the kids at play? Thank you for all
you do!

Barb Clay
Dir of Shelter Affairs for Rocky's
www.rockysferrets.com