From:
"all yr weezils r belong to us." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 2001 16:38:50 -0700
on the two occasions that i have been deeply puncture-bitten by a ferret,
both became slightly inflamed and irritated, but the inflammation died
down after a day or so, and the soreness only last three or four days--
didn't do anything special, just washed the bite with anti-bacteral soap
and water (if that--i have a tendency to shrug off what i see as minor
wounds).

when i am bitten by a cat, i have much the same reaction, i think it's a
result of my slight allergies to them.  not a big deal.

my attitude with bites is to complain about them and grumble about my bad
ferret/rat/mouse/cat/hedgie/whatever bit me.  complaining and grumbling
makes the discomfort less, i think.  ;)

the most bizarre animal bite i think i've gotten was from a ball
python--bizarre in the it popped my right on the lower lip, and i didn't
have it near my face at all.  i had a little bit of a ble puffy spot for
a week, but nothing major.  i thought it was kinda funny, actually:

   "What happened to your lip?"
   "oh, i had an adolescent snake get a bit testy with me."
   "a snake bit you?"
   "yeah, i got a fat lip from a python."

*shrug* as you can see, i'm not one to be overly concerned about a bite,
s'long as it doesn't remove a quantity of skin that i need.

-kat-