Date:
Tue, 28 Jul 1998 17:31:36 EDT
>From:    kasey mack <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: spots in ears

Black dots under the skin in the ears?  Are they ticks?  Are they imbedded
into the ear?  Can you feel lumps?  Are they tender to the touch?

>From:    Melanie Hawkins <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Dillon's drooling

>She has noticed in the last month or so that everytime she takes them for
>a ride in the car, Dillon seems to drool a lot and starts pawing at his
>mouth.  <SNIP> All of the sudden he started drooling when she opened her
>car door.  Hmmm.  We are very curious about this and were wondering if
>anyone has ever seen this with their ferret(s).  Why would a ferret start
>drooling at the site of a familiar car?

>Why would Pavlov's dogs start drooling at the sound of a bell?  Classic
>Conditioning.  Is this possible in ferrets?  Why not?

Sounds like this little guy gets car sick (shows classic signs - drooling &
pawing at his mouth - indicating a queezy tummy) & associates the car with
the feeling of being sick.  The car may even make him sick (which is all in
his head of course) but he has been conditioned to be ill.  I am just
guessing here, but it does make sense.  What do you guys think?  Is Classic
Conditioning possible in this case?

Amy Flemming
Flemming Farms
http://www.geocities.com/heartland/ranch/9521