From:
Lisette Lumsden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 22:22:41 EDT
Any shelters selling ceramic bowls?  I need four for the new additions.
Starving baby is off Pepto, still syringe feeding, and has moments of
baby silliness and exuberance.  She is afraid or asleep mostly.  But last
vet we went to thought she would make it.

Turns out she had a "brother" that also stunk.  (Actually, their poop
really, really did.)

"He" is a little bigger, and has his permanent teeth in.

Dr. says another 24 hours without care and baby would not have made it.

She is most likely runt of litter.

She is WAY too young..cannot eat solids.

She was dehydrated and starving, stressed, and bloated with gas.

The baby has coloring of a German shepherd, and looks like a baby opossum
with a fluffy, thick dark gray furry tail.  She has dark purple eyes.
..not black or red.  Kind of looks like Piglet-opossum-shepherd...very
silly-pretty looking...especially if you think an opossums long narrow
face is beautiful, lik e me.

The other little girl is flatter faced, broad head, rounding belly: a red
head with four white feet and white bib.  Kisser, and silly gurl..She has
learned to hisssssssssssssss...probably from hearing Mini-Me.

If anyone would like these two...and would be a good ferret mommy or
daddy and can drive to Chicago area...e-mail me.  Obviously, baby must be
able to eat solids and be stronger.

BUT: *warning*The baby has such unusual markings and eye coloring...one
of the vets we have seen wonders if she will have more than the ordinary
medical problems in the future.  So you would have to accept that
possibility.

I also know of some really unbelievable loving mommies that already have
more than 10 ferrets.  I do not want them going to a home with more than
10 ferrets.  I might as well keep them myself then with the mob of
miscreants here.

Most of us have way too much on our plates.  So if no one wants these two
pretty babies...I guess I will have to figure out a way to keep Mini-Me
from eating them.  She is really upset when she sees them in a cage.

Thank you for your prayers and ideas about the baby.
And a big thank you for bidding on the ferret miniatures.
Florida shelters still need us.