From:
Beth Randall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jun 2007 10:13:17 -0700
>I have, much to my dismay, mice. And we are not taking pet mice here
>at all.

Hi anne-

maybe its a midwest thing- we are about 2 hrs west of chicago - and we
took have been invaded by house mice recently- and dont feel bad - we
have here in the house - not caged: 18 ferrets ( in their ferret room
free range) a fennec fox, a dachshund, a poodle bichon mix, a border
collie mix, and 8 cats - all loose and not one has managed to catch
a mouse- oh sure outside the kitties leave lovely carcass presents-
but they dont touch one in here- even the feral momma cat we have
quarantined in the back room of the basement until her kittens are
weaned hasnt caught one - well to be fair she has alot of canned and
dry cat food at all times so she takes good care of the kitties we
intend to keep :)

We always pride ourselves on how docile the predators are around all of
the rescued prey critter here too ( mice rats, guinea pigs, rabbits,
gerbils, hamsters, etc) - but i guess theys are too well trained!

We use the live traps you can get at farm stores like this one but
its cheaper at farm 7 fleet-
<http://www.amazon.com/Victor-Tin-Cat-Clear-Pack/dp/B000B75ESK/>
and put peanut butter in - they love that- and line them up along
their pathways- we catch quite a few that way & hopefully they will
be gonebefore long! ugh! we let them loose then in the woods behind
the park across the street - maybe we should tag them & see if its
the same ones coming back :)

we have a hundred year old farm house so there are cracks & holes
everywhere- impossible to mouse proof-

maybe the new kittens will be of use other than being purely adorable-

the ferrets are totally oblivious tho- my daughter has seen a mouse
run right by them & they dont flinch-

maybe its too peacable a kingdom here :)

good luck!

beth
www.crittercamp.biz