Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2008 17:21:14 -0300

I do not take offence to comments directed to me personally. Comments
with substance I carefully reflect on - those that are 'ad hominem' I
dismiss.

It is not a contradiction to admire particular qualities in a person
while at the same time being critical of certain behaviours. I do not
see things as black and white, and therefore, I do not paint anyone
in either extreme.

My writing style stems from my training and academic background in
analytic philosophy. My personal philosophy is that of moral/social
responsibility. This is a philosophical position and not a
self-righteous attitude.

I do not ascribe to 'fan mentality.' To be a 'fan' of anything or
anyone is not endemic to Canadian culture of which I am a member.
I voice admiration sincerely and not because I am looking to win a
popularity contest or win anyone's approval through my words.

I write matter-of-fact, frankly, openly and not mean spirited. I make
no pretence of kindness, fairness, or diplomacy. I write it as I see
it - period.

Tressie

Tressie A. Dutchyn, PhD (c)
Dalhousie University