Date:
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 01:14:15 -0500
To the person who was thinking of making an outside enclosure for their
ferrets:

Although I don't have any personal experience with outside ferret housing,
I have heard that some people do with success.  I think I would worry about
moving inside ferrets to an outside situation though.  I have personally
had a lot of bad experiences with stressing ferrets unduly and I think that
moving them outside would defiantly have an adverse affect.  I have seen
all sorts of medical problems arise from a change in environment and/or
temperature.  If they have been living inside for as little as a year, I
think that living outside would just be too much of a psychological and
physiological change.

Please keep in mind that I am not a vet or any other type of health care
professional.  I do think that living with ferrets for 7 years tends to
give me a good understanding of how they work.  Maybe you can find a good
way to keep them outside, but the thought just scares me a bit.

Good luck!
Britta