Date:
Wed, 1 Jun 2011 09:37:19 -0700
I wasn't going to post anything but then I thought that Muf deserved to
be mentioned.

He really was a wonderful ferret. He was between 7 and 8 years old. The
first three years of his life he lived in really horrible and brutal
conditions. No one cared about him and he never got any love. He was
rescued but being deaf and mistreated for three years he was a terrible
bitter. When he bit he would bury his teeth. The person who rescued him
decided he was too old to learn not to bite and was going to have him
put down. The ferret rescue near me heard about it and persuaded the
owner to surrender him. At the rescue he promptly bit everyone within
reach, more than once, including me. We brought him home because we
have had success with biters before. In those days we always had
band-aids near by. Mufasa like to bite on the band-aids which was
always nice since the fingers under the band-aids were sore. When
Mufasa was out playing no one wanted to be in the room with him, you
could almost hear the jaws theme play when he was out. It took 7 months
before Muf would stop biting and then become the most wonderful ferret
ever. He was the sweetest ferret you could ever know. As far as biting
he was also the most trustworthy. When he stopped biting he never went
back to it. Muf was the master at dancing to the right while looking
to the left and when he ran into something he would dance to the left
and look to the right.

We are really going to miss our Muf (short for Mufasa). A truly
wonderful ferret.

Mike