From:
Connie Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Apr 2001 17:51:30 EDT
I'm in a rather difficult situation right now and need some advice from
furry apartment dwellers.

Sometime during the next 3 months I will need to move out of my present
living arrangement.  I didn't have Butch and Maggie when I moved into the
place I live now and I'm not sure how people will react to the ferrets
when I tell them about them.

Butch and Maggie have had the luxury of being free-roaming furries most of
the last year and I know that is going to have to end fast.

I'm upset that I have to move but I'm more concerned on how this will
affect them.  Do I begin re-caging them for short periods now or let them
be free for as long as possible?  I'm also concerned that I may have to
take a second job so I can afford a decent apartment for us to live in and
I won't be home as much.

Of course if anyone knows of a ferret-friendly apartment in the
Stamford/Norwalk, CT area please let us know,<G>

I read so many posts of people having to part with their little ones and
I just can't do that.  Any advice is appreciated

Connie, Butch, and Maggie
"I am sometimes asked, "Why do you spend so much of your time and money
talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?
I answer, "I am working at the roots."

George T. Angell