Date:
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 22:24:43 -0700
Greetings All ~!

For those coming to the Pacific Northwest Ferret Show (Canby, Oregon) this
weekend.  You may wish to print this out and keep it with you in case of
problems along the way.  Just some ways to call out for assistance.

CEL PHONES
The coordinators cel phone numbers will be:
503-846-1444 /  503-816-1446 / 503-422-6959

Oregon State Police (General Info)  1-800-452-7888.  9-1-1 Emergency
calls from cel phones are automatically routed to them.

REACT Groups monitor CB Channel 9 and GMRS Channel 10.

For those who have their Ham ticket - there are a lot of repeaters in the
Portland Metro area.  A list of repeaters can be found at:
http://nworegon_radio.home.attbi.com/nwhamrptr.html

You would look for repeaters in the Multnomah County and Clackamas County
areas.  There are a lot of ARES / RACES and other emergency service
groups in the area that monitor the repeaters.  I 'normally' monitor
the Portland Amateur Radio Club (PARC) repeater at 146.840 -6 <no tone>.
That is, when my rig is working.  Call is N2LGN (far away from home,
ain't I??)

The weather forecast for the next few days in the Portland Metro Area
FRI - Scattered showers - high 80, low 55
SAT - Partly cloudy - high 75, low 51
SUN - Partly cloudy - high 73, low 53

The weather can be temperamental.  That also means a good chance of
electrical storms, heavy rains, and occasional hail storms.  Please be
certain your kids have adequate ventilation, shade, water, and pack extra
ice bottles just in case.  A little spray mister will help to cool them
if the need arises.  Plan to make a few extra rest stops just to check on
the little ones.

As always, if anyone has any questions, please feel free to email me
direct.  Hopefully all will have a safe journey and we will see all of
you there.

Kevin B and the Way Kewl Kritter Crew
~Lacey~Sprite~Cuddles~Java~Miss Priss~Cinna~Racer~Patch~
~Mocha~Nikki~Selene~Skooter~Tootsie~Peabody~Sierra~Elway~Sacramento~
Mist the Fer-Kat, ~Stubbie~ the foster, and a rainbow of Guardian
Fur-Angels.