From:
Ferreter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 2004 09:30:18 -0000
>From:    Cris Page <[log in to unmask]>
>
>Yeah, lets leave it to the RSPCA to "euthanase" (murder) healthy
>creatures that are too inconvenient to house, thats far preferable
>than having someone take in the poor little guys who become homeless
>or whatever reason.    <big snip>

Well said Cris.  I agree with every word you have written.  It was high
time that someone gave the true picture of ferret welfare in the UK.  I
would really object to having to pay for a licence, especially when that
cash would be better spent on getting maybe 5 ferrets neutered.

I took in a beautiful mitt hob yesterday - very laid back but he doesn't
half stink :-o  It was a bit tricky taking him in actually as my lurcher
bitch was whelping.  Lucy ended up with 5 healthy pups - she changed from
being a really giddy lurcher into a loving and devoted mum.  I will be
keeping one of the pups another is going to friend.  The other three will
be re-homed via a another friend who has a waiting list for
Bedlington/Whippet lurchers.