From:
Charleen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2005 10:21:01 -0800
Hi Everyone,

You don't have to spend $l9.99 for glass bottles for the ferrets, just
go to the store get the Snapple bottles, or the SoBE bottles.  Even some
of the juice glass bottles will work.  I order the replacement tube and
rubber stoppers in the Lambriar animal Health Care catalog, page 56 to be
exact.  You can also get their glass bottles (Lixit Pet waterer bottles
for $5.00.  but why spend that much get a Snapple bottle or SoBe bottle
and drink the contents first!

I have been using these since I got ferrets 9 years ago!  I have never
used plastic bottles.  They are so much easier to clean and they last
forever!  I guess if you had a cement floor it might not be a good ideal
in case they fell off the cage and broke you'd have a mess!  I also use
bungie cords to attach them to the quality cages I have.  I have at least
three to four bottles on each cage plus every cage has their own attached
water bowls.  No ferret has to worry about not having water.  The only
problem I ever have is certain ferrets like to play in the water bowl.
So I am always having to move them up higher when they get in one of
those moods.  Don't want them to have wet bedding!  Twilight and Nikita
are famous for helping me to have more work then I need a day!

Well off to hand feed 7 ferrets their chicken gravy and give meds.
Yesterday was Chicken gravy making day so I had 4 chickens to cook up,
blend and freeze for them.  Hope it last a month!

Have a great day!
Charleen and the Wa. Tails