From:
Kevin Bonner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 05:46:15 EDT
Hi all, and "dook-a-dook" to all the furkids.

Well, I think I've got all the bugs out of my computer this time (for the
umpteenth time.  Now comes the ardous task of re-downloading and editing
the FML's that have accumulated.

Triskadeskaphobia <sp> - the fear of the number 13.  Glad I don't have it.
Here I am with 13 ferts in the same room.  11 actually live here.  2 were
dropped off by a tenant who asked if I could watch them for a weekend,
while she went away (that was 2 weeks ago - still no hearing from her).

I really felt sorry for them.  She left (what she considers) food for them.
The cheapest cat food I have seen (from experience - had 8 cats at one
time).  She used to ask why their poop would always be different colors.
Now I see why.  The food is nothing but sugar and food coloring.

MAX is the oldest - just love the black speckled nose.  Poor guy was
nothing but skin and bones.  Had trouble giving him real kibble.  I went to
feed him some Duck Soup.  Hah!!  Did not have to force it down HIS throat!!!
After one taste he started chewing at the syringe like crazy.  Now he can't
wait until I put bowls of it down.  While he is here he is basically
feasting on Duck Soup and IAMS.

The other has left his mark on my life (especially if it scars).  Eh,
played too rough, got my nose nipped.  It happens.  When he did it I just
looked at him.  He freaked, coward, and slunk away backwards with that "OH,
I am SOOOOO Sorry" look in his eyes.  Some of his actions make me wonder if
he is abused.  I have seen it in abused dogs before (yep!!  Have 4 of them
at one time too).  Especially since, when I picked him up (no I was not
rough) he, ummm, shall we say, lost control of his bodily functions?  Yeah,
that sounds like a polite way to say it.  Hey, what can I expect , his
hoomans named him NIBBLER (go figger!).

Mind you, I'm going to be doing some polite digging on how this woman
treats animals.  And I will let it be known that they will be welcome
here if she cannot / will not care for them.

My manager informed me that this woman talked about getting a dog as well.
Well, If she gets a prescription for a comfort animal we cannot stop her.
However, I think we may be able to place a restriction on it (ferrets OR
dog, not both).  Her ferts are basically comfort animals.  Yet she
indicated they are not enough.  In her estimation, ferts don't play or
cuddle like a dog does (EH ??????).

BTW - The 14 of us have been running and wrestling all night.  MAX is now
cuddled on my lap as I write this.  Ya' want love and affection from an
animal??  Ya' gotta give it first !!

It seems that the more ferts pass through my door, the more affectionate
the others become.  Even Sprite (who used to be nicknamed "Hypodermic"
because of the blood-letting) cuddles and kisses.  Maybe they are just
insecure and want to make certain I still love 'em.

KEVIN B and the WAY KEWL CRITTER CREW
Including the ~~~ENERGETIC ~~ ECLECTIC ~~ ELEVEN~~~
~Furrice~Simon~Hershey~Lacy~Sprite~Socks~Cuddles~Java~Pimp~Caesar~
~Cinna~
SPECIAL GUEST "STAR"  ~Fur-Angel Lady~
CAST INCLUDES   Min-Pin Geordi
SPECIAL APPEARANCE BY:  ~Max~  and ~Nibbler~
MISSING OUR FRIENDS  Kimo the Sumo Cat (and honorary ferret) and Petey the
fert