From:
Lynn Foster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 16:37:37 -0500
Dear FML:

On Monday I was elected as Councillor for Ward 4 for the Town of Richmond
Hill.  This gives me influence at the municipal level in the Greater
Toronto Area (GTA).  Now when I send a letter to other levels of
government or local police forces regarding the topic of animal cruelty
or investigations I will carry weight.  I intend to use my position as a
watchdog on animal cases in the Southern Ontario region.  It is really
important to be on the "inside" as this is where we can be most effective.
It is a small step for the protection of fuzzies but I intend to make the
most of it and I urge those of you out there to consider this road...even
if you volunteer to help with a political candidate and they are successful
you, as a campaign worker, can offer guidance and help and possibly direct
their policies with regards to animal cases.  It is always easier to be
working from the inside.  You may hate the idea of politics and politicians
but do it for the ferrets.

Wish me well...it is going to be an interesting ride.

Lynn