From:
Marissa Bonasia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 18:09:27 EDT
This is my letter to WNEW...surprisingly enough, I have had no reply to
this message from them...

Dear ignoramus,
Just wanted you to know that your misinformed broadcast concerning ferrets
is based on ignorance and not the facts.  I have had a ferret for 8 years
and never once has my ferret bit anyone to hurt them.  She does not squeeze
underneath doors either which is what NYC Dept. of Health cites as a reason
for classifying ferrets as dangerous animals.  Whoever is responsible for
their comments on ferrets should educate themselves and realize that
ferrets have been domesticated since ancient egyptians used them to
"ferret" out rodents from the pyramids.  Aditionally, dog and cat bites are
far more prevalent in the United States and the severity of such bites far
exceeds the damage that ferrets can do.  Your ignorance and fear of such a
tiny, friendly creature shows how close-minded you are.  Your concurrence
with the NYC Board of Health that ferrets should be grouped in the same
category as apes, hippos, giraffes as dangerous, wild animals is extremely
detrimental to the plight of ferret owners in NYC as your show must reach
out to many listeners (for some reason) whose perceptions of ferrets may be
changed because of your inept conclusions.

I am glad that I listen to Z100 in the morning and not your show.  Your
comments definitely show that your morning show is not worth my effort of
turning the knob to WNEW.  Thomas Jefferson said "If ignorance is bliss,
why then aren't more people happy?"  The individuals responsible for the
negative comments concerning ferrets must be extremely happy people...

Sincerely,
Marissa Bonasia