From:
Kim Latas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 May 1998 07:39:37 -0500
Hello again!

My little adopted ferret has been such a fun addition to our family!
However, since getting him about 8 months ago, he's developed a little
spot on his right forefoot.

My husband and I noticed a small hairless area a few weeks ago on his
foot in the area where his "wrist" is... its on the side and looks sort
of like where a sixth toe-or a dewclaw- might be if he had one.

This area isn't weepy or open; not scabbed either; but rather its a skin
colored raised bump with a small spot of what looks like bloodvessels right
at the center.  Its probably less than 1/8 of an inch across?  (maybe as big
around as the lead in a pencil?) He isn't limping or gnawing at it or acting
like it's bothering him at all so we decided to "keep an eye on it."

Last night I was examining it--insofar as Weasel would LET me look with all
his squirming--and this small spot looks like its a little bigger.  So I'll
call our vet to set up an appointment, but I was wondering if anyone has had
a similar problem spot with their ferret(s)??  Any clues?

Please e-mail me directly if you have any knowledge about this sort of
thing.  Thanks!!!

Kim Latas,
Spirit Lake, IA