Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 15:07:21 +1200
Yesterday, I finally decided to take the plunge and get started on making
some semblance of order on my plans for the US.  I reckoned the best way
to do that was to book in the flights.  So.... I now have a start day, an
end day, and a couple of days in the middle which are "booked" for flights.
Therefore, I can finally get started on the real work!  Which is, of
course, to try to figure out how I'm getting from point A to point B now
that I've wasted the whole years worth of savings (bar $150 USD equiv) on
just the flights.

Currently, I'm looking like I'll be visiting aheap of states and I don't
know how many people (36 at the last count, but I wasn't checking fully)
Anyone in the areas I'll be visiting (or close by) who actually think I'm
worth the time spent heckling... feel free to drop me a line.

For anyone interested, my plans include California (mainly lower, but also
looking at passing through more of it on the way to Reno), Reno NV, El Paso
TX, (with a stopover in Houston at the airport, and Carlsbad NM while in
the area), Jacksonville and Panama City, FL - from here, I have to find a
way to Virginia Beach ROTFL - then back down through to Charlotte NC for
business, and a stopover a little west of there for a wee while before
flying from Charlotte through to Chicago IL.  BTW Star?  Don't worry about
the ride from NC, I found a faster one <G>!!  I'll hopefully be roping Star
into dragging me around to visit a couple of poeple before slipping down to
Manhattan KS to annoy Razz <G>.  From there, Sandy has kindly offered to
drag me toward Dee's direction near Shreveport LA - still have to find a
way from there to St Louis MO, where I'll be spending a while annoying the
animals at the St Louis Zoo and hopefully popping up to see Bob Church
who's only a few hours from there.  A short(ish) flight from St Louis
through to Syracuse NY, and heaven only knows what I'll be doing there.
I'll be annoying Jo for a bit <G> and Melissa, and hopefully I can visit a
few other people there (I really would like to meet BIG, as well as Eric
and Mary from Modern Ferret, and a few others in that general area).  From
there it'll be a hop over to Boston to *gasp* meet a non-ferret friend (but
hopefully a ferret convert, once he's home a little more each day!)  Kim
from KiSta has volunteered to drag "The Other Lisa" with her over to there
so that I can visit her babies in southern NJ for a while <G>  From there
to the far-north reaches of Virginia to annoy the heck out of...er... visit
Bill and Diane.  The 'other' Melissa <G> has threatened bodily harm (oh,
okay, maybe not that harsh <G>) if I don't let her drag me from there to
Pittsburgh PA for a bit.  A short hop from Pittsburgh to north eastern OH
to beat Bev around the ears (just a little!) and then up to Toronto for a
visit with Randy and Ferrets 2000 and back to California and home.

So... not a short trip, by any means <G> and there are definitely going to
be a *lot* of photos taken, a lot of miles covered, and a lot of wonderful
people met :o) I'm exceedingly grateful for the offers for a place to stay,
and for people to meet!  I'm also excited at the opportunity to annoy the
heck out of everyone <G>

Sam

To see some awesome ferret cards, drop in on
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~fanmail/cards/ferretcard.htm