From:
Jean Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 May 1998 21:35:05 -0700
While home for lunch today, I was able to catch petline which had a
segment on ferrets.  A lady had brought in 2 of her ferrets, a sable and a
silvermit.  The information she gave was really good and informative.
Although they really didn't mention what kinds of food they need, they did
mention the kind of attention, exersize, space, altering, and suitability in
young children families (the accidental type dangers often occuring with
very young children and smaller pets), as well as a few other topics I
cann't recall off hand.  They also discussed their history, domesticity,
flexibilty & determination, the unfounded fears of the fish & game, etc.

What was really cute was that the guy that hosts on the show, Doug I think,
was holding the silvermit to his face and got several ferret kisses on his
nose & ear.  The fuzzies did us proud!  I would like it to have been a bit
longer for more info but they did real good for the 5 minutes it was on.