From:
mark bethke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 10:52:17 -0700
Hello All,

Angie George
I wouldn't say that you lost Luna, You have done what many of us wish we
could , Luna has been immortalized on "celluloid" (video tape).  Also
your Luna has become an ambassador to the viewing public.

Lange, Sandra SJ
Oscar smells of the garden

Oscar's seems to be one of those rare ferrets that once they break out
(sort of like Hogan's heroes) they look around then find that the great
beyond is rather scary and they return.  Our 1st ferret Nikita was the
same , she made a dash twice , once when I was taking out the Christmas
tree (I thought she was in her cage) and my wife never saw her dash out.
We heard scratching at the door , and there she was , the door was opened
maybe a few inches and she darted in and right to the cage and food dish.
The second attempt was clever, she actually dug a hole through the
drywall under the cabinet in the bathroom and got up into the wall.  we
could hear the digging as she was trying to get through to the next
floor, WRONG!!!  She only managed to come out of the wall at the upper
plates we watched as the paint fell away and this little whiskered nose
poked out then the head pushed through , so there we were, I think it was
the only time a ferret felt "out foxed" .  she made she way back down and
once she was out a panel blocked off the tunneling project .   It was
more like "Pinky and the Brain" and really doesn't count as a true escape
but does show the lengths a ferret will go through to find new
places to explore.

Sort of makes you think , the best ferret exercise wheel would be a round
room.....