From:
Jaclyn Dianne Vanderhoef <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 19:51:32 -0500
Hello, all.
My boys have picked up a bug and I am pretty concerned.  Trevor, who can be
rather sickly anyway, has it bad.  He is very lethargic, is not eating at
all that I've seen, has green diarrhea (it is nearly the consistency of
water) and seems very unstable on his feet.  He was vomiting Sunday night
but acted pretty good on Monday.  Tuesday, they went to the vet.  Kif acted
fine, so he got a fervac-d shot, but the vet held off on Trevor.  He didi
not have a temperature, so the vet said she would not give him antibiotics.
I gave him 1cc of Kaopectate 2x daily until yesterday, when I called the vet
who said I could up it to 3x daily.  Last night, I gave him two teaspoons of
ferretvite (per labeling) and Kao.  He threw up at least part of that
through the night and this morning had dry heaves after I gave him his Kao.
Also, he has been getting 3cc of water through an oral syringe at least 5x
daily.  He is looking a little dehydrated (skin not very springy and gums a
little dry) and I am getting very concerned.  I do not have a problem taking
him back to the vet, but would prefer not to spend 40 bucks to hear "Just
keep up what you are doing and let it run its course." If you guys have any
suggestions, I would be so happy to get them.  If anyone has a duck soup
recipe they could forward to me, that would be good too.

Thank you very much.  And sorry for the length.
Jacki   Kif and Trevor
BTW, I am not worried that it is ECE.  I didn't mean to scare anyone.