From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Oct 2005 10:21:07 -0700
Wow, we are having a blast up here, because we have a special visitor.
Loki the kitty.  He was supposed to have gone over to kitty heaven, but
he thinks he is a special kitty with ferret powers.  And he's been here
proving it!  He has succeeded, and has a permanent pass here to frequent
our area any time he wants.

So the crack of dawn, Loki shows up with his tail swishing in the air,
with his fuzz ball and toy mouse in toe.  He hunts down ferrets to bop on
the head!  Typically, he skulks down into sofa world early in the morning
and lies in wait.  When the ferrets begin to craw out of the sofas to
stretch, he hunkers down and waits.  The black kitty hids in the shadows
to ambush fur babies and play "wack da ferret".  Then bop, bop, bop, one
by one he bops them on the heads.  The ferrets jump back, open their
mouths, and thrash side to side while they back up as fast as they can.
The ferrets laugh with a "heh heh heh" that we all do.

Occasionally, he'll stop back by in the late afternoons to lay underneath
a cherry tree, but in the warmth of the sun.  As the shadows fall on him,
he wakes to find several ferrets curled up with him in the dandelions.
They give chase for a final frolic and stop at the treat bar.  He's such
a free spirit and has been showing the other ferrets how bop the clouds
with their paws to stir up cloud balls to chase.  He told me to tell his
mommy that if she see's a sparkle from up above that it is not as star,
but his halo that he has especially polished with his fluffy tail ...
just for her.