From:
"John D. Coley" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 1995 10:41:59 -0600
Holiday greetings to all!

Alert: Just before Thanksgiving, my wife and I were visiting friends in NYC.
We took a train out to see some other friends in Mamaroneck NY, (I have no
idea whether that's the correct spelling) and while strolling along the main
street we ducked into a pet shop.  They had 6-8 ferret-babies shoved into a
(ok, good-sized) cage, with cedar shavings and without any food.  When I
confronted them about this, the employees told me that they were fed twice a
day, and patronizingly assured me that ferrets "blow up like balloons" when
given free access to food.  Grrrr!  Yeah, maybe when DENIED ANY EXERCISE,
they do!  Anyway, these jokers were not in the least bit interested in
listening to my protestations.  If any other dedicated FMLers live in that
area, you might want to stop in and enlighten these gentlemen.  I forget the
name of the place, but it's a small shop on what appeared to be the main
business drag of the town.  Give 'em...  uh...  heck!

On another note, winter is upon us (with a vengeance, here in Chicago), and
as usual, Alexander has completely changed colors.  In the summer, his face
is mostly dark brown, with a dark brown badger-stripe going all the way up
his face, between his ears, and over the back of his head.  In the winter,
this all turns much lighter (a J.  Crew catalog might call it "ecru"), and
he's left with only a tiny chocolate-brown mask around his eyes and across
his nose, like an little old man with small pair of reading glasses perched
precariously on the bridge of his nose.  Moxie's siamese coloring doesn't
change a bit.  Curiouser and curiouser...

Take care, all.

John & Rebekah
Alexander & Moxie (The power behind the throne)