From:
Kim VanderLaan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Oct 1996 23:07:27 -0400
Hi Everyone,

This is for anyone (especially shelter workers/owners) who has had
experience with one or more Marshall Farms ferrets who have experienced the
adrenal problems (regardless of the outcome or age of the ferret) that have
been under discussion lately.

I have been quite alarmed at the talk about the adrenal problems in Marshall
Farms ferrets.  It turns out that my new (and only) ferret was bred by
Marshall Farms.  Please eMail me (privately) any available information about
the adrenal problems, including early symptoms to watch for, and any
information about Marshall Farms.

The manager of Superpetz (Wyoming, MI branch) was unaware of the adrenal
problems in Marshall Ferrets and may want to find a different supplier.  I'm
trying to collect info to forward to him.  Unlike many pet store managers,
this one actually seems concerned about the animals, even after the
"warranty expires".

In fact my ferret was given to me by this manager because she had a broken
leg.  He felt he would rather see her go to a responsible home than be
destroyed.

Please help ASAP!

Thank you,

Kim