From:
"Lange, Sandra SJ" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 09:46:20 +1000
I adopted a kitten 3 days ago.  So far Princess has bitten her on three
different occasions.  Last night when I saw it happening, I picked up
Princess (once she let go), and hissed at her for awhile.  (it was a
definite bite-then-let-go-and-get-another-good-grip bite - but no harm to
kitten).

Hissing seems to be a technique that works with Princess - it's what I
did (do) to discourage her from biting me.  But, are there any other
suggestions out there?

Kitten is extremely human friendly, but is confined to kitchen and laundry
overnight and when I'm not around.  Kitten just meowed when bitten - hasn't
swiped back yet.  She did hiss when she first saw the ferrets, but Clover
and kitten seem to be on sniffing terms now.  It's Princess who is the
troublemaker.

Sandra, Clover, Princess and the un-named purr factory.