From:
Becki Kain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 1995 18:05:23 -0400
Don't tell me I was the only one to see this absolute hogwash?!?
[Moderator's note: [log in to unmask] (Jodi), sent the FML a copy of the
entire article, but I declined to post it here since it was the reprint
of an entire copyrighted feature.  Taken as a whole,the entire article
made a little more sense, but still quite odd!  BIG]

In the USA Weekend magazine (the is syndicated and I got through the
Detroit Free Press), there was an article by Elizabeth Marshall Thomas that
had so much mis-information about ferrets in it that I have to bring it up
here and have the ferret world correct her.

This is totally reprinted without permission.  The question being answered
was "I have a pet ferret and would like more information on ferrets?".

The answer (and I quote directly from the paper USA Weekend date sept 1-3,
1995 although I have taken out some line for brevity, I have not changed
one word) :

"The widespread use of ferrets as pets is relatively new.  Therefore, how
long a well-treated ferret can live in captivity remains to be seen.
[stuff deleted] Instead, because they belong to the same taxonomic category
as dogs, ferrets might prove to have lifespans like dogs' - maybe 12 or 13
years.  [sd] Ferrets are weasels.  All memebers of the weasel family bite,
no matter how loving their owners."

The address is:

USA Weekend Pets
1000 Wilson BLVD.
Arlington, VA 22229-0012

since when did ferrets become weasels?    [Huh?]

beckers
--
beckers
(becki kain)