From:
Sandi Ackerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Aug 1998 23:26:05 -0700
>In my town needles may not be thrown out with the trash, period.  They
>absolutely must be in a secure container appropriately labeled as medical
>waste, even if they were never used!

In King County, Washington (includes Seattle), medical waste is disposed of
in our regular trash.  Supplies must be sealed in a plastic bottle (I forget
the plastic number, but just standard 1/2 gallon plastic milk containers are
legal).  I use duct tape to make sure that the top cannot come off the
bottles and I place it on top of the trash so that the "sanitation engineer"
will see the container.

Sandi
Best Little Rabbit, Rodent & Ferret House
Seattle, WA