From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 21:15:14 -0500
Sevie's ascites was getting harder to control, and she had not been as
enthused with life.  We decided to try something a bit different in case
her insulinoma was worsening and that was further throwing off her heart,
so we increased the Proglycem  (She is now at 75% of the maximum dose she
can have and we're trying that size before considering later increases.)

Well, with the increased Proglycem her ascites is down somewhat and she
is more active and happy.  She looks the best and is the most active she
has been in about a week.

It's a balancing act, of course, and if she gets too active her ascites
gets worse, but better that she should enjoy life, so we're pleased to
see this helping.  This is either the second time or maybe third time (I
think the second.) that better control of her insulinoma has helped with
this heart problem which is secondary to it.  Can't do that with Pred,
though, because when she gets over 0.5 mg of Pred her ascites really
goes out of control.

Anyway, I figured that I would post this to the Ferret Health List and
the Ferret Mailing List so that folks could know what is going on in case
the info is needed by anyone.

Can't believe that I'll have to order meds for her again soon.