From:
Diana Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 05:37:11 -0800
Bandit was let go on Friday.  He was in for surgery to remove both adrenals
as well as chrck into his insulinoma.  He had his right eye removed about a
month ago and did very well for a little guy of his years.  He had started
Lupron so he had a short coat of fur that has finally covered his little
body and his tail sat at a wierd angle where it had been broken.  Bandit
had been with me for only a year but he was such a loving old man and
only wanted to cuddle.  The vet opened him up and found his spleen very
enlarged, a bladder that was about 3" long, two very enlarged adrenals, but
the worst part was that there were so many nodules on his pancreas that she
knew she would not be able to get them all.  The pred was very hard on him.
Dr Maddox had borrowed another clinics cryo gun and with the help of Dr.
Weiss's tape had already had one success with and adrenalectomy.  I was so
hopeful.  Now he joins all his previous friends, that have left my shelter
for a better place.  We will miss his cuddles.

Diana and the Ferret Farm